Here’s a bunch of information to keep in mind. It’s all pretty obvious stuff and probably easier to get the gist of it by reading the FAQ.
- Film Entries must be received by June 30th for standard submission. Late Submissions will be considered only if received by July 31, 2014.
- Entry forms, payment, and video must be submitted together, either online at FilmFreeway or by mail.
- Films must be submitted to the proper length category and with the proper fee to be consider for the festival. Fees paid to an inaapropriate category will not be returned.
- All entries must be in English, subtitled, or dubbed into English.
- Please write Title, Tracking ID, Running time, Contact Email on DVDs.
- All films selected for screening at the festival grant New Urbanism Film Festival the right to use stills and excerpts of up to two minutes for promotional purposes.
- Festival is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged entries.
- Exceptions to the festival regulations must be authorized by the Festival Director.
- Multiple entries are permissible, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate Entry and fee.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- All fees are nonrefundable.
- We reserve the right to refuse to consider any submission.
- Film entries may be screened more than once at the festival or at any festival event.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
I/We wish to have our film/animation/TV pilot/documentary/web series/music video/ entry(ies) hereby known as “ENTRY” included in the New Urbanism Film Festival 2014 hereby known as “NUFF”. If more than one (1) party signs this agreement as submitter, then reference to “I”, “me”, “my” throughout this agreement shall apply to each party; jointly and separately.
I hereby grant NUFF, its festival director Joshua Paget and sponsors the right to show for promotional purposes on television, on the NUFF website (www.newurbanismfilmfestival.com), twitter, and FaceBook page, on sponsors websites, print and digital promotional material, press releases, etc., any media including the ENTRY and/or stills submitted by me with this application. No more than two minutes or up to the length of the trailer submitted by the filmmakers may be used. I understand that no materials included with this application will be returned.
I grant NUFF, its festival director, Joshua Paget and its sponsors the full and free right and permission to use my ENTRY for broadcast, duplication, and advertising in association with NUFF, for the purpose of viewing on television, in theatres, on the internet, on the NUFF website, on sponsors’ websites, podcasting and/or for archival purposes and for any other valid, lawful purpose in any and all media now known or hereafter developed or devised, worldwide and in perpetuity. I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished videotape, sound track, photograph, advertising copy, audio piece or printed matter that may be used or to the eventual use that it may be applied.
I hereby release, discharge and agree to hold harmless NUFF, its officers, agencies employees and sponsors, from and against any liability as a result of any use, distortion, blurring or alteration that may occur or be introduced in any use or broadcast of the material.
I waive any and all rights to compensation for any broadcast, duplication, and advertising of any ENTRY presented at the festival. All ownership of all ENTRY remains with the personnel who contributed to the ENTRY. I own all material submitted with application and that will be viewed at NUFF. I understand that NUFF, its producers and sponsors are relying on this release and accordingly, I hereby irrevocably waive any and all rights to seek or obtain any injunction or other equitable relief against NUFF, its officers, agencies, employees and sponsors.
I warrant that the use of the rights granted here and of any material supplied by me/us will not violate the rights of any third party. I agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless NUFF, its officers, agencies, employees and sponsors from any claims by third parties alleging that our content or material infringes on any third party’s rights. This Release and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind my assigns and any representative.
This contract is the entire agreement between the parties hereto, and replaces and supersedes any prior agreement or understanding, verbal or written, with respect to the subject matter hereof. No amendment, addendum, modification or waiver of this contract or any portion hereof shall be valid unless contained in a writing signed by both parties hereto.
In exchange for release, I receive the opportunity to have my ENTRY shown at NUFF and any NUFF events, and accept that there is no promise of additional payment, in any form for likeness, image, biography, recording, equipment, or for any other contribution by us on this production.
I hereby certify that I am over eighteen years of age and competent to contract in my own name. If I am signing on behalf of an organization, I certify that I have authority to do so and that my signature binds the organization and its performers to all elements of this contract.
I have read the foregoing release and authorization and agreement, before affixing my signature below, and warrant that I fully understand the contents thereof.
I am authorized to sign and give consent for everyone (including but not limited to performers, writers, directors, technical crew, distributors) who contributed to all ENTRY(IES) and all materials submitted with this application to the New Urbanism Film Festival 2015.